Get ready for a powerful episode as Regan welcomes Katy Bandy, mental health therapist, and emotional resilience coach, as they talk about mindfulness for entrepreneurs.
After more than a decade in the mental health field, Katy wanted to expand her reach and work with clients in more flexible ways. She delved into the coaching space and quickly learned that entrepreneurship is like “personal development on crack”; it brings up many deep-rooted issues and beliefs, and emotional resilience is key to success.
Entrepreneurship requires a high tolerance for uncertainty. Many are so focused on the end goal that it is hard to find contentment and joy in the process of building a business. Katy talks with Regan about the importance of acceptance and how to appreciate each step we take on the road to success, bringing more satisfaction and happiness to your journey.
Katy touches on dialectical thinking, breaking away from extreme thinking, and appreciating where you are at this moment to help you feel less anxious about where you think you should be in your business (or life!).
Highlights in this episode:
– Katy talks about human nature versus what we are taught to believe and how our belief system can sometimes be limiting and isolating.
– Find out how to stop wanting things to be different and learn to accept the present.
– Mindfulness allows you to tap into your humanity and acknowledge that to be human is to sometimes be sad or disappointed. Instead of trying to fix those feelings, they need to be acknowledged and accepted. Find out why.
– Realize that running from negative feelings can lead to fear-based decisions, which are ineffective.
– Find out how to move into acceptance rather than judging yourself.
– Delve into recognizing what you want versus what you think you should want.
– Katy and Regan talk about actionable things you can do to start your mindfulness journey.
– The importance of rest cannot be understated. Realize that resting is not stopping. Resting does not stop our momentum; it feeds it.
– The pair also give insight into the way social media conditions us to believe that business should only be run or developed in a certain way.
If you have a belief about something, ask yourself if it’s a fact, an interpretation, assumption, and don’t be afraid to challenge your thoughts.
– How to build self-trust
– Find a way to work your mind and emotions and make it joyful, and what you want it to be so you don’t become miserable.
Connect with Katy:
1:1 Coaching and Online Courses for anxiety and mindfulness practice.
| Designed by Moose Anchors Studio
© Regan Storm . ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
The woman behind Regan Storm LLC coaching. Regan went from being a lost, overworked employee to a 6 figure sales + self-trust mastery coach. Now she is on a mission to help you do the same in your coaching business so this can be your forever job.